Dark underarms can be very miserable, you cannot let anyone see your dark armpits so you end up wearing large sleeves t-shirts and jackets. But do you ever think of getting rid of those underarms instead? I know it sounds impossible but actually, it isn’t! If you sincerely use any of the following remedies you can make those dark patches disappear and can welcome sleeveless t-shirts and sexy tank tops into your closet.
Multani Mitti Paste
Multani mitti is the magic clay of India and it has amazing effects on our skin. It was said that during ancient times the queens used Multani mitti while bathing which clearly shows how effective it has been for skin since the olden days. You can also use this magic clay to get rid of embarrassing dark underarms.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Multani mitti, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of water into a bowl.
- Mix them into a smooth paste and rub the paste on your underarms.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Use the paste daily until your underarms lighten up.
Baking Soda Paste
Did you know, baking soda, your regular kitchen ingredient, is an excellent alternative for deodorant. Baking soda does not only help to keep the body odor away but it also prevents the darkening of underarms. If you already have dark armpits baking soda can also help to lighten them up. It exfoliates your skin which makes it look brighter and smoother.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon with lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of baking soda and form a smooth paste.
- Scrub the paste on your dark patch for 5 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply a moisturizer once you are done with this procedure. Use this paste at least 3 times a week for best results.
Cucumber has bleaching agents in it which helps to improve dark armpits and its soothing properties help to get keep the moisture in your skin locked. Cucumbers also provide a cooling effect on your skin which relaxes our skin cells. People apply cucumber slices on their eyes for the same reason i.e to get rid of dark eye bags and relax the eyes.
- Cut cucumber slices and massage it on your skin for 2-3 minutes.
- Let the cucumber extract rest on your skin for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with regular water and make sure to repeat this procedure every alternate day for the finest effects.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has an abundant amino and lactic acid in it. It aids in clearing dead skin cells and minimizes dark spots. Its contracting properties helps in decreasing skin darkness. Apple cider vinegar will not only prevent dark underarms but also help you with body odor.
- Pour some apple cider in a bowl, take a cotton boil, and put them in the bowl.
- Let the cotton ball soak the apple cider vinegar. Now take the cotton balls and pat them on your underarms.
- Wait until it completely dries off, once it’s done wash your underarms with plenty of water. Do this everyday for quick and fine results.
Olive Oil And Sugar Scrub
Olive oil is very favorable for our body, for our diet as well as our skincare. Whereas, lemon juice is like a natural bleach. It helps to mitigate skin damage that is the main cause of dark skin patches. The mixture of olive oil and sugar works like magic for both our hair and our skin.
- Add 2 tablespoons of both olive oil and sugar in a small vessel. Mix it until the paste attains a medium consistency.
- Take the scrub and rub it softly on your armpits, let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off.
- Use this scrub twice a week to lighten your dark patch.
Potato is an outstanding bleaching agent; they are well-acclaimed for removing dark circles. Potatoes are jam-packed with catecholase enzymes that improve skin quality by decreasing dark spots, acne marks, and blemishes. Due to this astonishing feature potatoes are also great for dark patches.
- Take a potato, peel it, and then wash it clean. Use a grater to grate the potato.
- Grab a strainer and strain the juice out of it. Spray the juice on your underarms and wait until it dries off.
- Wash it with regular water, repeat this procedure 2-3 times a week for surprising results.
Coconut has been always known for decreasing inflammation, moisturizing our skin, and mending wounds. But what many people knew is that coconut oil can make dark spots disappear. Various beauty bloggers use coconut oil to acquire even tone skin.
- Take a few drops of coconut oil in your palms and massage your underarms with it.
- Massage for 5 minutes and then let it rest for another 15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this procedure every day to get rid of dark armpits.
Alum, also is known by the name phitkari or fitkari, is a very helpful chemical compound. We commonly use alum for purification purposes but it also has beneficial effects on our skin. It can be used to treat acne marks, dark underarms, and remove body odor.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of alum powder into water and make a smooth paste.
- Spread it out on your underarms and wait for 10 minutes.
- Later shower, as usual, use this paste once every week to make your dark patch disappear quickly.
Pumice stone is constructed when lava and water come together. It is a light yet abrasive stone which helps to detach dead skin. This stone has been used as an exfoliator since ancient ages that helps to remove the darkened layer of the skin.
- Soak the pumice stone in warm water and then scrub your underarms with the stone.
- Make sure you scrub softly because excessive scrubbing can harm your skin. Do this twice a week for excellent consequence.
Turmeric has great importance in Ayurveda and has been a key ingredient in various beauty treatments. It helps in acquiring even skin tone and minimize dark patches. Turmeric consists of bleaching properties and lightening dark spots.
- Take 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a small bowl. Blend it into a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on your underarms and wait for 30 minutes before washing it off. Use this paste twice a week for quick results.
Almond oil comprises vitamins A, B, D, E, and a small amount of vitamin K, and retinol that helps to keep our skin smooth and darkness free. Almond oil can easily lighten and brighten up your dark underarms additionally it will also keep your skin rejuvenated.
- Take a few drops of almond oil in your hand and massage your underarms for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash it off with regular water, repeat this procedure daily for amazing results.
Toothpaste can help you achieve your perfect even tone skin. I know it sounds shocking but it can. The ingredients that help to make your teeth bright can also be used to remove dark underarms. It also helps us to get rid of embarrassing body odor.
- You can use any toothpaste you want, just take a small amount of toothpaste and apply a thin layer of it on your underarms.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes and then wash it off with water. Don’t forget to apply a moisturizer after this procedure.
Orange Peel Scrub
Orange peels have lightening properties that help to diminish acne scars, dark spots, and dark underarms. Orange is a powerhouse of nutrients and jam-packed in vitamin C and citric acid. Orange peel is said to be even richer in vitamin C that helps to reduce dark spots.
- Dry an orange peel under the sun and put it in a mixture grinder to attain orange peel powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 tablespoon of rose water, and 1 ½ tablespoon of orange peel powder. Mix them into a paste and scrub it.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash it off with regular water.