Sandwiches always make a perfect meal for breakfast. They are light, healthy, and easy to digest. In this write-up, we have come up with some healthy sandwiches with their recipes, so that you can make them at home. Take a look!
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is a sandwich in which cheese slice is placed in between two bread slices and is grilled till it turns light brown and crispy.
- Take two slices of bread (wheat/flour) and spread butter on both the slices evenly.
- Put a slice of cheese or grate some cheddar cheese on top of each bread slice.
- Add a pinch of black pepper and salt (if required).
- Put some butter on the top of the slices, as well and place it in the griller carefully.
- Cook it for 1-2 minutes. Keep flipping the sides, if required. Don’t over grill it. Serve it with ketchup or any sauce of your choice.
Also known as a cottage cheese sandwich, it is quite popular in the Indian subcontinent where paneer is used in different style as a filling for the sandwich.
- Grate the paneer and add veggies like tomato, bell peppers, peas sprouts, and carrots and mix well.
- Take the bread slices and put some butter on it then add the paneer mixture on one of the slices.
- Cover that one slice with another layer of bread and brush some oil or butter on top of it.
- Cook in medium heat in a sandwich maker or even on a Pan. Serve it with ketchup or any sauce of your choice.
Egg Mayo Sandwich
This sandwich is a healthy and delicious option to have when you are on a diet. It will keep you energetic and active all day long.
- In a bowl, take 2-3 boiled eggs and mash it with the help of a fork and then add 2 tbsp of mayo.
- Add some black pepper, white pepper, cilantro, to the mixture and mix well.
- Butter the bread, then put this filling between two slices of bread.
- Cut the sandwich into two halves and garnish it with fresh cilantro.
Cabbage and Curd Sandwich
This is a very delicious way to have those green veggies in a form of a sandwich. A vegan breakfast option to make that won’t take much of your time.
- Add some chopped cabbage in a bowl with green chillies, coriander leaves, salt, and black pepper to it.
- Then add 1-2 tbsp of hung curd in the cabbage mixture and mix well. You can even add mayonnaise if needed.
- Butter the slices of bread and put the cabbage mixture on the slices.
- Cut the bread into two halves and serve it with a glass of juice or salad. It tastes better when eaten raw.
Considered as the most filling and high protein breakfast/snack option, the chicken sandwich is loved by people worldwide.
- Take shredded chicken in a bowl. Add green chillies, grated cheese, lettuce, chilli sauce or BBQ sauce. For seasoning, add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Take two slices of bread and put mayonnaise on each slice and then spread the mixture all over the bread slice.
- Add a cheese slice on top of the mixture and put the sandwich inside a griller.
- Grill the sandwich until crispy brown and then serve it hot with red chilli sauce or ketchup.
Potato is a staple food for Indians. A sandwich with a potato filling is the most convenient and easy option for everyone to have during breakfast or as an evening snack.
- In a bowl, put some mashed potatoes then add some ginger, chillies, coriander leaves, salt, and black pepper to it and mix well.
- Take two slices of bread and spread a generous amount of butter on the slices, then add the mixture on the bread and place one slice on top of the other.
- Put some oil or butter on a frying pan or place it in a griller. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Cut the sandwich into small parts and serve it with green chutney or ketchup.
Many of you would be unfamiliar with this form of a sandwich. But it is consumed a lot in foreign countries because it is full of healthy fibres and vitamins. Thus making it one of the best sandwich options available out there.
- Peel two avocados and mash it with a fork in a bowl add some seasonings to it.
- Add a layer of onion and tomato slices on the bread and spread the mashed avocado over it.
- Repeat the process with both the slices and have it cooked or raw.
- You can also add grated cheese at the end to enhance its taste.